Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Steve Lacy-Lumps

Most of the time, when I see that phallic soprano sax being raised to some jazzbo's lips I can't help but to feel like my ears are about to be raped by something horribly non-jazz, or god forbid, smooth jazz. Somehow, this motherfucker made it work. It's not like it hasn't been done before, but it's just that there's so few people who can do it well. I guess when you're aided and abetted by fellow NWW listers like Han Bennink (love him) and Michel Waisvisz playing some weirdo electronics (see previous posts on both of these dudes) you can play an electric toilet seat and still sound pretty great. I don't think this is the Lacy album most people go to (they probably grab the e.s.p. disk stuff) but i think this is aces.

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment