Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Arnold Dreyblatt and the Orchestra of Excited Strings-Propellers in Love

Lately, I’ve kinda retreated from the music I typically listen to and have spend most of my ear hours poring over some classical music discs. See, I wasn’t in band as a kid and my parents mostly listened to soul records, so the real classics of classical music are as alien as Whitehouse is to most folk. Sure, I know the contemporary guys but I can’t tell you shit from Schumann. So that’s where I’ve been spending my research time. But that made me want to post something that made me interested in that genre in the first place. This isn’t super obscure or anything, just a really good entry way for people like me whose music taste went something like punk>metal>noise>psych>free jazz>contemporary classical>Abba>Abba>narwhal whale calls>Abba>death.

Here

2 comments: